Ride High aims to give each child an enjoyable experience that will help him/her to cope with daily life in a more positive and constructive way.
Working closely with horses the children will benefit from:
Enhancement of Social and Personal Skills
- Dealing with horses builds confidence and self esteem.
- Riding gives a feeling of doing something special, something many of these children will never have had before.
- Learning to ride and care for a horse brings the satisfaction of learning a new set of skills and a sense of achievement.
- Looking after a horse encourages responsible behaviour and a positive attitude to safety issues.
- Riding in a group environment teaches the importance of teamwork and consideration for others.
- For most children, time spent with horses is enjoyable, fulfilling and absorbing.
- Membership of a club engenders a sense of belonging to a community.
- Riding provides outdoor, physical activity for those children who may not have the confidence to enjoy mainstream sport.
- Riding for one hour burns on average 350 calories.
- Riding develops balance and coordination.
- Riding is very therapeutic and helps our children to manage negative feelings relating to anxiety and depression, and promotes postiive mental health.
- Riding helps to improve the children's attention and concentration, leading to better performance at school.
- When the children are around the horses they have to pay close attention to detail and remain focused at all times.
"At Ride High the horses are my friends". Ride High member.
Make a single or monthly donation today. Your support is helping us to transform lives.
Interested in fundraising? The possibilities are endless, anyone can get involved, and we’re here to support you!
Being a volunteer is a really rewarding experience. There are so many ways to get involved.
Children we help each week
Total children we have helped so far
How many years we have been running